I‘m perpetually impatient: it is one of my worst qualities. I want it now, if not sooner. It’s all very Veruca Salt. This natural predilection for restlessness becomes even more pronounced at the end of February. I’m so anxious for the weather to warm up that I want to jump out of my skin. I rarely make it to the end of winter before busting out the self-tanner (a weirdly optimistic activity, since I’m going to be seriously swaddled until at least April)!
This is definitely not a feeling that is unique to me. Cabin fever is real, people. So when your apartment feels too small, and you’re beyond bored, you need to bust on out of there and make some changes!
You could get out of the house and go on a staycation, for example, or you could change up your appearance… Or you could combine the two in a fun way!
That’s why, on Monday, I headed to Smyth, a Thompson Hotel to get ready for a romantic evening with my husband. I couldn’t resist surprising him by switching up my look, too!
1. Leave a note for your lover. Keep it simple and relatively mysterious…
2. Arrive at your home for the night. If a hotel is out of the question, peruse Airbnb for some excellent (and inexpensive) options. Once you get there, remove the box of Vidal Sassoon Pro Series from your overnight bag.
My hair was so damaged from being white and pink for such a long time that these days, I’m very wary of lightening it. It took me a year to grow my hair back strong and healthy! The London Luxe series is perfect, because it’s a rinse that can go over your natural colour, and lasts up to 8 weeks. Ideal for a fun short-term change!
I chose Vidal Sassoon Pro Series London Luxe Midnight Muse Blue, which gives brunettes a glorious splash of sapphire.
3. Change into a slip, or simply throw a towel around your shoulders, and get busy dying your hair! Don’t be intimidated, with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series London Luxe it couldn’t be easier!
There are only four steps: just mix the contents, then apply the colour evenly. Let it sit for a while: 30 minutes is recommended, though I left mine on for 45. Once the time is up, rinse it out in the shower. Simple!
BOOM! I was beyond thrilled with the result from this colour. It packs a mighty wallop! I love the way it shimmers blue when the light hits it: it’s subtle but very sexy. I will definitely be using this colour again. I can’t resist the navy blue shine!
4. Grin at yourself in the mirror, and tear yourself away from it long enough to get changed into something cute for your paramour! This dress is Orla Kiely and I bought it at Cloak And Dagger. Swoon-o-rama!
5. Wait for a knock on the door, and enjoy the look of surprise on your lover’s face. Then kiss ‘em!
6. Enjoy your staycation! Do whatever you want: that’s the whole point. (I suggest conspicuous use of the Do Not Disturb door tag!)
Tempted to do something new to your ‘do? Vidal Sassoon Pro Series wants to reward you for taking a risk, by giving away a $4000 London shopping spree to one lucky babe! All you have to do is share a bold hair transformation by using the tag #ColorMeBold. Check out this link for details!
They always say that a woman who changes her hair is about to change her life. When’s the last time you did something different with your hair? Maybe the time is nigh!